Have been thinking of switching childcare for Boyboy cos his current one is getting worse and not meeting expectations.
Thought I found the perfect one: Waterplay/sand play/gardening every morning, learn-through-play approach, partly Montessori, role-playing corners w supermart and occupation costumes, lots of art activities, with great homely meal menu and good routines like toothbrushing before naps as well as getting the children to serve themselves for meals. Best of all, a boss/director whom I can communicate w and who'll be around daily.
Almost paid the deposit n fees but brought Boyboy down to the new place today to join in their Children's Day celebrations. When I prepped him yesterday about today's visit, he was enthusiastic and eager to switch schools.

Behaved well during the visit, displayed good manners and gamely sat in on the class for the first 15mins. Then he said he wanted to go home.
I thought he must have been freaked out by the teachers hugging him etc. We were supposed to adjourn to his current childcare for the rest of the day, so I agreed and we left.
But then he kept repeating "我要回家" and refused to go to school. I asked why. On the verge of tears he said he likes the new school and is afraid of his current teachers who are too fierce. Which didn't make sense cos he loves them.
The bus came but he refused to get on, eyes n nose turning red. Ok so we walked home. All the time I was thinking I'm dead, how to handle both boys by myself today!!!
Once home he went to cuddle his smelly Puang and still looked unstable. I kept talking to him until he finally confided his thoughts.
Boyboy said he doesn't want to change schools cos he likes his current friends and teachers and will miss them. Happily asked to go school once I promised him not to switch.

What broke my heart is that he actually tried to psycho himself that he prefers the new school, trying hard to please me or meet my expectations.
Listening to him talk, I realise that no matter how important a 'good' childcare is to me, what matters to Boyboy is that he has found friends at his current one.
So I'm stuck! Unless I choose to ignore his wishes.
My mum feels that I indulge his emotions too much. She says that I should just switch him. But if Boyboy is such an emo person, it's important for me to take care of his emotional state right?
Actually I should be glad that he is in touch w his emotions. And willing to talk abt them. Just hope that he will be able to manage them in future and balance them with logic.
Good for him to speak out too cos it acts as a reminder to me. Been very very exhausted recently cos Didi is in his kaypoh phase where he wakes up every 1-2hrs at night.

Not getting much sleep and there's always more important things to do than nap. My menses have also gotten v bad after delivering Didi. Super heavy flow with bad backache and waist ache. Especially after patting 8kg Didi to bed every time he wakes at night.
So I am mostly grumpy and short-fused by night time. Nowadays Boyboy will come and ask me "妳的脸为什么这样?" when it's black. Or when I'm angry with him he'll ask "妳有生气吗?" These actually make my anger go away cos he's being so sensible.
Of course there are also times when he is the short-fused one. I must remember not to blame him cos he's not getting enough sleep at home due to Didi's night squealing and my not being in his room w him.
Actually got a sore throat from scolding him the other day. Nowadays he gets v upset when I scold him or physically remove him. But it's necessary when he starts kicking me or clawing at me. Usually our quarrels end up w him totally losing it and wailing and shouting.
Still trying to figure out what I can do to calm him down before he disintegrates into a crying mess, without getting myself wounded :p
No comments:
Post a Comment