Thursday, October 20, 2011

Costume parade!

Boyboy's playgroup concert is coming up in a week, and Mummy has finally finished all the little ribbons and tie-ups for his costume. The school actually told me to go buy a real kimono for him, crazy! Decided to sew one instead.

Found some nice cloth at People's Park Complex cloth centre... there are about 3 shops selling these Japanese textile, including some really beautiful kimono prints for adults.


I had done some online research, and luckily managed to find a very clear step-by-step instructions on how to make a gi-and-hakama suit. Of all places, I found it on a cosplay blog here ;)

Trying out the paper tutorial before actual sewing.

Disturb.

Ok, paper patterns cut after much effort :p

Marvel disturbs again. Keeps pulling the thread from my sewing machine.

Great, now both of them are hogging my table space.

Gi completed!!!! 

Time for hakama *pant pant*

The completed set!

Took forever to finish the whole set cos I could only do bits and pieces here and there when I managed to steal some time. Looks presentable from far, but actually I made many shortcuts and mistakes hee hee.

Then, the boy refused to try it on so I can do alterations. Only managed to make him wear it when we were at Popo's place :p

Client tries it on...

Costume is launched!!!! The class bully keeps blocking him grrrrrrrr...



I think Boyboy looks so tiny in it, especially when he stands next to the bigger kids :) But I'm glad he looks cute in it. Left a big hem all around so I can adjust it if he needs to wear it again in a few years for whatever event. Hope by then it is still surviving!

No comments:

Post a Comment