Didi has been increasingly bored at home after exploring almost everything in the house. Been wanting to create more activities for him but somehow can't seem to find the time though I'm a SAHM.
I thought play dough would be quite experiential for him, but didn't want to let him play with commercial doughs that have all kinds of stuff in them. Even for Gorgor that doesn't seem safe. Oh, and Play Doh sticks to everything!! Hate cleaning it up.
Came across this '4 minute No-Cook' recipe so decided to try it out. My first batch took 15 minutes excluding the cooling time -_-" Second batch was faster once I got the hang of it.
Adapted Recipe
(A)
2 cups plain flour
0.5 cup salt
2 tablespoons Cream of Tartar
(B)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
(C)
1.5 cups very hot water
Food colouring (optional for colour duh)
Glycerine (optional for shine)
Food essence / spices (for scent)
Sift (A) to minimise lumps.
Mix (C) to make sure colour blends well and you don't have coloured hands later.
Add (B) to (A) and stir well, then fold (C) into it.
Let mixture rest til cooler, then knead til correct consistency, adding more flour or water to thicken or thin it out respectively.
![]() |
| Sifting (A) and mixing (C) |
For my 1st batch I used blue colouring and vanilla essence mmmmmm.
![]() |
| Folding (C) into (A)(B) mixture, and kneading when cooler. |
![]() |
| No colour on hands at all! |
So happy with the results that I made a 2nd batch with red colouring and mixed spices for scent. Like gingerbread men! Tried to omit the oil to prevent oil stains on floor, but it made the dough too sticky, so I added it in the end.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Gave the dough to Didi and he checked it out for a while. As expected, into the mouth it went! Luckily the recipe makes it VERY salty, and he immediately expelled it. And put it in his mouth another, maybe 10 times during the entire play period. But I was at ease knowing the dough is safe.
Didi played with the dough for about 20 minutes before I stopped him. Gave him only a small lump to try out and he managed to get it all over the house sob sob....
![]() |
| Doing his '天女散花' routine -_-" |
(Can stop the background music using control at top right of the page)
![]() |
| Caged toddler while Mummy mops the living room... |
Easy to make, cheap to throw out, and hygienic cos you can always whip up a new batch as and when needed. Must keep in fridge due to our weather hor.










No comments:
Post a Comment