![]() |
| (photo from link above) |
炖水梨
水梨1粒(切片)'shui' pear
红枣2粒 / 蜜枣
百合少许 baihe
川贝母 chuan bei mu
无花果2粒 fig
吉饼1个 dried persimmon
南杏
几粒冰糖(不放也可以)rock sugar
I have no idea what many of the ingredients are named in English, so you probably have to copy out the Chinese words and ask for them in the medical hall haha!
Or do my lazy way. I bought a China 'shui' pear from the supermart and a pack of the other ingredients from Hock Hua Tonic. One pack of '止咳汤' or cough-stopping soup ingredients sells at $4, 3 packs for $9+. So I grabbed three.
Although I would recommend getting the ingredients from a proper medical hall if possible, so you can get better grade ones.
Peel, de-core and slice pear. Wash rest of ingredients and pour in 3 rice-bowls of water with everything. Cook on low fire for 1-2 hours if using stove, or 2-3 hours if using slow-cooker or double-boiler. I skipped the rock sugar cos the dates and pear made it sweet enough.
I stopped after 1.5 hours and this pot yielded 1.5 mugs of soup.
Gave Didi some of the soft and sweet pear slices to eat, then the water to drink. He was very receptive to it! Hope it works to rid his phlegm.
I then re-used the same ingredients and cooked a 2nd round for myself for 30mins. Still had colour but little taste.
Can try! This is supposed to 'relief cough and strengthen function of respiratory system' or 止咳化痰,润肺生津。





No comments:
Post a Comment