Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Good Boy(boy)

Poor Boyboy has also been on the receiving end of the adults' frustrations.

I am seriously sleep-deprived n should be napping when my mum is around. But i think my body is used to this state already, and i wake after half an hour. It makes me even more tired than not napping at all.

Staying awake n getting chores done on the other hand, makes me feel more productive and as though I have a life ;)

This means I am almost at the end of my patience when Boyboy comes home from childcare at 5+pm. Must be the school environment; he's usually v high n uncontrollable by then.

So I end up scolding him a lot, and sometimes even morph into a cane-wielding monster though I never actually use it.

Today I happily surprised Boyboy w a new art table, and he happily used it.

Until he started using the markers on the sofa and books etc. Also yelled n woke Didi. I almost used masking tape on his mouth.





As we laid down for bed later, he asked to play w me. I scolded him saying it's late. This is another daily flashpoint, cos my time w him is the only slot I get proper sleep, so I'm anxious to start. Of course, I am usually crashing at this timing too.

Then he asked for a story. I told him I was very tired n need to sleep. What Boyboy did next surprised me. Instead of protesting, he took my hand, nuzzled it w his face, kissed it and said ok. And asked to hold my hand to sleep. So sensible!

Was so ashamed of myself for letting my temper get the better of me. I need to stop scolding Boyboy so much, especially when he's looking forward to seeing me after a long day away. And at bedtime which should be calm and comforting.

Just don't know how I can do it w my current sleep levels :(


No comments:

Post a Comment