Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ruiyi the Meteorite

Okay, seeing my barrage of blog posts you'ld probably wonder why I'm not sleeping since I'm sleep-deprived.

(1) Was jolted awake by Didi's cries at 11pm; insomnia now :(
(2) Almost time for milk feed, so why try to sleep if I'll need to get up again soon?
(3) Didi's cheapo diaper has gone 8 hrs already!!! I need to change it before it leaks and gets him wet.

A friend remarked that w a 2nd kid, a mummy's love isn't split, but doubled. So true! I love Didi so much even though he's so new to my life. And i dare say my love for Gorgor has increased due to awareness to pay him more attention.

Looking at Didi, I can't help reminiscing about his dramatic arrival into our world.



My gynae had arranged for me to have induced labour on Sunday morning. On Sat night I had a stomachache. Woke to shit n was going back to bed at 125am when my contractions started. Damn painful! Aren't they supposed to start mild then slowly increase in intensity?

I didn't want to freak out the husband, so was still timing the intervals w my watch when I realised they were getting closer very fast. Woke Hubby and called Mum to come jaga sleeping Boyboy.

So ended up we left the house at only 245am n sped to KK Hospital. Didi was already trying to exit me in the car :p

Reached the emergency entrance n got whisked to delivery suite in a wheelchair. I was already delirious, complaining to the nurses that I wanted to shit haha!

It was too late to wait for my gynae to come, so the midwives delivered Didi at 313am. He pushed his way out almost immediately after I got on the bed!

So drama. Hubby joked that we saved money on painkillers.

But unfortunately we still had to pay the high fees for my gynae, who btw strolled in later and said he just came from running the Sundown marathon...when he waa due to work on me the next day! Tsk tsk!





No comments:

Post a Comment