Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My baby won't sleep!

Then there are freaky days like tonight. Didi's day went on as normal today, but he just wouldn't sleep tonight.

I was so fed up I wanted to chortle him, so Hubby took over at 8pm while I went ahead putting Boyboy to bed.

Was awaken by his crying at 11pm, and found Hubby ready to chortle him! Apparently the baby refused to go down at all during the past 3 hrs.

Sent poor Hubby to bed (he didn't manage to clear any of his marking at all) and took over. Stroked Didi's head and he fell asleep.

Poor thing, must have been exhausted. Suspect my negative energy affected him n made him unable to settle down to sleep earlier. Then same for Hubby as he got frustrated.





I wonder why babies always have so much difficulty sleeping. So far my mum has been the most successful in making Didi nap. She rocks him in her arms, then puts him down on the bed to pat.

I try to do the same, but often he awakes in 10-15 mins, meaning I did not do a thorough enough job luring him to la la land.

Mother-in-law has it worse; she doesn't even dare to put him down as he wakes immediately. On Saturdays when she comes to help out, she can sit w him in her arms in the darkened room for an hour. So poor thing :p

This time we had been adamant not to introduce a pacifier. Unfortunately Didi's appetite was so huge that we needed to let him suck on one so he wouldn't overeat.

Now we're cursed w it again. Didi spits our the pacifier once he's done w it. The problem is sometimes he thinks he's done, but 2 seconds later he wants it back!

Means we can't teach him to sleep on his own during the night as someone needs to re-insert the pacifier for him :( Does that mean I'll never get to move out of his room???!!

No comments:

Post a Comment