Ever since becoming a parent, I've been mortally aware that there is a dependent relying on me for almost everything. So I must not fall.
Both in terms of falling sick, as well as putting myself in dangerous situations.
Before, I would aim for the first row if seats in theme park rides like roller-coasters, and was looking forward to trying bungee- jumping after my (dangerously close-shaved) paragliding experience.
But if an opportunity comes up now, I would seriously think twice, and probably give it a miss.
I once read about an American celebrity (forgot who) who said she and get husband make sure they are never on the same plane, in case there is an air disaster. This way their children will not be orphaned.
Sounds logical! But factually, there is a higher chance of a road accident than an air one. So should we all be paranoid and not travel in the same car?
I would think not. It's enough if we just take good care of ourselves on a daily basis. Including not continuing habits that might cut our lives short... Like smoking!!!!
Sorry, this is really my bugbear, CANNOT understand why anyone would want to persist in sucking in foul-smelling air even after knowing it's full of poisons. Isn't it enough motivation if by quitting you get to see your grandchildren grow up?
Haha yes my Dad smokes. Has been smoking ever since I remember, and the family has all along shown their displeasure, which actually might not be the best way to persuade him.
I remember asking my Dad to quit smoking in almost all the Father's Day cards I gave him. Quite sad actually, if u receive that every year haha. Dad quit only for a while when his dad, my grandpa, also a life-long smoker, died of lung cancer.
Now I hope Boyboy will be able to motivate 公公 to quit. Already I am educating (ahem, psycho-ing) him about how smelly and unhealthy it is, and we rush pass the coffeeshop gang with disgusted faces ;)
For myself, nothing very unhealthy. Unless you consider a penchant for deep-fried food :89 Sometimes I do worry abt my stomach, which all along has been a weak point.
Being the mother of my boy isn't helping leh. With our current routine, I rush him to school every day and miss breakfast. No point too as I need to cook and gobble my lunch at abt 10am before picking him up.
By the time we get home I rush to feed, bathe and put him to nap, so that I can nap too. Then I only eat dinner after I put him to bed, a process that usually ends at 830-9pm.
Two meals a day! Hopefully I lose weight haha!
As I write this I'm actually in a dark aircon room, hair dripping wet. Quite a common occurrence as I mostly get to shower only when Hubby gets home, then it's bedtime for the boy soon. Confirmed I'm going to get 头风 in my old age!
Today I got totally drenched in the thunderstorm on the way to pick Boyboy up from school. We were stranded for an hour due to very near lightnings, so I didn't dare to push him on the pram home even with the raincover on.
By the time I reached home, fed the starving boy and put him to nap, THEN showered, it was too late. Sneezing away already! Hope I don't fall sick!
Oh dear, mama please take care. Hope you didn't fall sick.
ReplyDelete