This last week, Boyboy's sleep has been haywire. The past few days were especially bad. He suddenly became afraid of the dark, saying that there is a monkey in the dark areas of our bedroom. Yes, it sounds silly and haha-funny, but it's not funny when the kid refuses to sleep or wakes up in the middle of the night and throws a tantrum :p
Mummy sort of solved that problem by asking the boy whether Mummy is fierce. I scold him often, so he said yes. So I said that Mummy scolded the monkey and it is so afraid of me that it left our home. Sometimes he doesn't believe me, so I told him to yell 阿弥陀佛, which he already knows how to say. To help him, Mummy has also trained both of his chow-chows to protect him by yelling with him...
Then, the night before last, Boyboy suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and proclaimed that he doesn't want to sleep. "我不要睡觉了!" he would state, matter-of-factly. Win liao.... nothing we say would change his mind. Can't remember what happened after that.
Last night he woke at 11.30pm, and did not sleep til 3am. Hubby and I were patiently trying to find the source of his fear. I thought it was darkness, but he did not want to sleep even with the nightlight on.
We thought it was a fear of this bedroom, or maybe there is something 'dirty' inside that is freaking Boyboy out (remember Hubby's supernatural encounter). So I was even prepared to sleep with him on the floor mat in his own room. But he ended up wanting to play once he saw his toys.
I think the aircon was too dry and cold too, as he was mega scratching himself until his limbs had reddish welts from his nails. Had to put lotion and change pyjamas in case they were scratchy. Mummy suspects the boy has sensitive skin like her :(
Cajoled, sayang, threatened, scolded, all didn't work. Until a sleep-starved Hubby yelled at him with his super-projection teacher-voice. The boy marched straight into bed and laid down. And his parents finally got to sleep :p
-----------------------------------------
This morning Boyboy woke up and refused to drink his milk, asking for water instead. Mummy dismissed him and was halfway through making milk when he started puking. White slimey stuff.
Remembered that last night during our negotiation session, he had said a few times that there was a pain in his stomach. He had said that randomly a few times previously, so I thought he was just giving excuses to stay awake. Mummy's fault :( But actually, nothing could be done last night even if I suspected he was ill, as it couldn't be confirmed.
Luckily Hubby was slated to attend a meeting elsewhere today, instead of teaching in school, and managed to get childcare leave for the day. We went to a nearby PD clinic, but had a waiting time of 3 hours even though we arrived before their doors opened :( BOOOOOO!
So we went on to KK Hospital, and were directed to A&E. Turns out Boyboy got the gastric flu virus that is going around. Boyboy has been consistently taking stomach enzymes my mum bought, and I think that helped him as he stopped puking immediately after taking the onsite medication.
| Terrorizing the other patients in A&E with singing, loud talk, dancing and running :p |
| Ooh got ambulance! |
We had to hang around to give him glucose dosage every 15 mins, and report to the nurse at the end of it. Turned out to be some sort of outing for the boy instead of a serious thing (heng ah!)
| Ok lah, Mummy had fun on this too ;) |
Hope that Boyboy doesn't think that being ill is good! Because:
(1) Papa doesn't need to go to work
(2) I get to see exciting ambulances and children with bandages
(3) I get to do kiddy rides :D
(4) I get to buy stuffed toys!!!! Giraffe!!! Elephant!!!
| Meet To-to-to and Tomato! A line from his Shichida song ;) |
Because Boyboy was ill, Mummy wanted to give him a treat, so decided to buy him a soft toy from the hospital gift shop. We saw a giraffe doll and asked him if he wanted it. Lukewarm response. I thought he was preoccupied with the other toys, so told Papa to go ahead and pay for it.
Then, as Papa was getting the lady to cut off the tabs from the giraffe for instant hugging, Boyboy started rubbing noses with an elephant doll, and grabbed it so tight the grumpy shop uncle wrestled it away from him. So we ended up having to buy two dolls, as he obviously loved the elephant :p
| Super mushy porridge and steamed egg for dinner |
Boyboy couldn' take much of his dinner, only finishing the steamed egg. I am actually very glad that Boyboy's condition is not serious. And that he maintained a very cheerful demeanor throughout the incident, although he was exhausted from little sleep last night.
加油 Boyboy!
No comments:
Post a Comment