Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What an exciting day!

The day started off with Mummy and Papa playing private investigators. Boyboy is on his first outdoor excursion with his playgroup sans parental supervision, and we were still a teeny weeny bit worried that the teachers will not take good enough care of him. Had been prepping him for the outing since yesterday.

All hyped up and ready to go!

They were heading for Pasir Ris park. It was quite funny... there was supposed to be a total of 8 children, but many flew aeroplane, so ended up only 5 kids, plus almost 10 volunteers and teachers. More than enough eyes!

Head Teacher Karen decided to force Boyboy to use English, so she paired him up with a tall, lanky teenage boy from FGS youth class. Very cool one wor.... with many 'skull' rings on his fingers. The boy looked so extremely uncomfortable and awkward! Haha.


Follow that bus!


We tailed the bus to the park and were reassured to see the boy holding Boyboy's hand and walking at his pace. At the end of the day when Boyboy returned, he had had a great time and was already friendly with the boy.

Mummy is glad that the boy enjoyed his outing, but part of me is sad that I will never know what went on during that 4 hours and can't share the memories with him :p

BUT! Mummy is glad she had time off to spend with Papa. Mainly pigging out while running errands.

First we went to Jalan Kayu to eat prata at Thasevi. The service is SO MUCH better than the other prata shop there, which btw also sells sharksfin (I dunno why) PUI!!!!

Haven't had chance in a long time, to slowly savour prata and teh halia. My egg prata was piping hot and crispy somemore!!!

Mmm mmm mmm!

Then after fetching Boyboy to Popo's place for nap, we went for lunch at Illuma. I've been wanting to go to the Ramen Champion thingy to taste the different ramen. Was so worried they would have packed up and gone by the time I went on a day off where I have no other tasks to complete.

I tried the Ikkosha version, relatively light and healthy-tasting. However, I would still prefer the chicken soup broth at Marutama Ramen @ Central. About the same price.

 'Ikkosha' version with pork broth has thin noodles like mee-kia.

All gone!
Hubby had the Taishoken version with concentrated chicken, pork and anchovies broth. The noodle was  rather fat, and served separately. This is cos the soup is salty and a little sourish. Weird but maybe nice to some people.

These stalls are there for 1 year til next June, and the stall(s) with the most votes will get a permanent shop there. But, I think the competition is not very fair. A Straits Times review of the stalls is plastered all over the place for reference. People will tend to go for the stalls with good reviews, and vote for them after eating. It's a vicious cycle... the other stalls will not get a chance.

So, being very noble and altruistic, I shall give each stall a fair chance by going back again to try them out until I have tasted all! ;8D

We then dropped by The Helping Hand to check out its wooden furniture. It is a halfway house for recovering drug addicts, and they do carpentry to learn a skill. Thought should support a bit.

But alas, they rejected out request to custom-make some shelves for our home, saying they only practise the various styles they sell, and might not be able to deliver if we want other styles. Ok lor... at least I asked liao, 问心无愧.

Heh, stole a ride on their swing... worth the trip!

Mummy 长不大 :p

No comments:

Post a Comment