Saturday, September 17, 2011

Korean food yum yum yum!

Usually Hubby and Boyboy go to my in-laws' place on Saturday afternoons after his Shichida class. The past two weeks, my in-laws were overseas, so I asked if my mum was free to cook Boyboy's lunch. Or else I would have to stay home to cook while Hubby alone brought him to class.

The first week, my mum reluctantly agreed, as it meant she couldn't go jalan jalan.
The second week, I actually offered to stay home to cook, but my dad insisted that my mum cook!

Turns out he was having such a good time with Boyboy, as he seldom spends the whole (or half) day with his grandson. Usually when Boyboy goes over on weekdays, my dad only has about 30-60mins with him.

Mum bought a new building-block set that has plastic animals, including a crocodile, and apparently my dad has been crawling around the house chasing Boyboy, pretending to be one ;) So funny!

Anyway, that meant that Papa and Mummy had the day off to slowly eat lunch. Sob sob!!! Such a long time coming!

I decided to treat Hubby, as I wanted to indulge in a craving, and I knew he, being the one watching our finances, would balk at the high bill :p

Been craving for good korean food since I visited S.Korea with my parents like, six years ago????!!! Especially miss the ginseng chicken soup with glutinous rice and vermicelli, that we had almost every lunch during the tour.

We needed to go to Taka to run an errand, so I chose Crystal Jade Ginseng Chicken and BBQ. Had walked past it numerous times on my way to Art Friend, and was curious if it was up to standard.

It was! Although we didn't order much food, I was totally SA.TIS.FIED! But burnt a hole in my (stagnant and very limited) pocket... $78!

I love Korean lightly pickled veges :89

Teppanyaki chicken ($18) with vege wrap ($5)

Mmm mmm mmm! Feels instantly genki! ($25)

Seafood pancake ($18)

No comments:

Post a Comment