"A rose by any other name is just as sweet"...
But the rose might have changed slightly.
Realized that as the boy grows, Mummy has started calling him differently.
As a baby, I would call him "Boyboy" tenderly and sweetly, with all my affection.
Now, I yell "BOYBOY"!!!!!! Or "LOW RUIKAI"!!!! Haha.
During non-frustrating moments I tend to call him "Baby"... Maybe I'm trying to hold on to the memories of him being dependent, and innocent. And also trying to remind myself that he is my baby, and I should be more patient with him ;)
Same for Hubby. Instead of calling him by his pet name, he has become "Papa". It's easier especially when the kid is listening in and I don't want him to yell for us in public using our pet names. Now I understand why many old couples refer to each other like that :p
I think I must make an effort to still call Hubby and Boyboy by their pet names, cos it refers to a precious relationship that we have with each other, one to one.
Sometimes I wonder if Boyboy misses me calling him like that :p
No comments:
Post a Comment