------------------------
Every Saturday Boyboy goes to my in-laws' place with Papa after his Shichida class. I don't follow, as I go home to do chores or take it as my personal free time. Also, whenever I'm around Boyboy sticks to me so much that Nai Nai has no chance to play with him. So I make myself scarce.
This past Friday we went to the in-laws for an extra day due to Teacher's Day school holidays, so I tagged along. As I loaded the boy onto his car seat, he turned and asked me: "妈妈没有去哪里?"
Aiyoh, took me a moment to register that he assumes I will always disappear whenever it's time to go to Nai Nai's place. Feel quite bad to make him feel abandoned, although he is still with Papa. Sometimes he cries as I leave the car after belting him up :(
------------------------
Every morning when Boyboy wakes up in our darkened room, he will ask "爸爸?" And I will tell him "爸爸去做工喽!" Then sometimes he goes back to sleep.
Sigh... recently, whenever it's the weekends or school/public holidays, the boy will wake up and state "要找爸爸。" No amount of persuasion works, and that usually marks the time for Papa and Mummy to wake up too. Sometimes it can be as early as 6+am.
Boyboy then crawls or walks over Mummy in the dark, to reach Papa and starts rolling on him.
Yesterday I was so frustrated with this behaviour that I asked him "Boyboy睡觉!为什么要找爸爸?!" And his answer surprised me... the boy said "起来爸爸不见了。"
Because every time he wakes normally, his father is gone, so he is making the effort to wake extra-early to catch Papa. What mature thinking! And of course, his answer broke Papa's heart :p
------------------------
It is at such times that Mummy realises how mature and 懂事 her son is. Really, I never knew Boyboy is an obedient boy until I sent him to playgroup and saw the other children -_-" Even his teachers keep telling me how good he is. So Mummy needs to appreciate him more.
Read once, this explanation that all a toddler wants is to be heard, understood and loved. The parent has to look behind any misbehaviour and see the intention behind it. Most times, it's simply the toddler's way to show frustration he cannot express in words, or tiredness (which I feel the parents are responsible for overseeing).
Hubby commented that it is as though Boyboy gets possessed by demons every evening. Haha.... that's when he gets tired and cranky, and often end up throwing tantrums, or literally throwing his toys around.
| Tantrum in progress! |
Boyboy has also gotten this irritating habit of yelling once he awakes in the middle of his sleep at night, shouting "不要奶奶!不要奶奶!" when in fact he wants milk. When it is delivered to him he refuses it, but when we take the milk away he cries for it.
"不要奶奶! 要奶奶! 不要奶奶! 要奶奶!"
So irritating! 口是心非.
At these times, Mummy has to keep reminding herself that Boyboy does not want to behave like that as well, so Mummy has to be more understanding and accepting.
A bit worried, cos it's a fine line between being patient, and giving in too much and spoiling the child. Hope I will know better with practice!
No comments:
Post a Comment