Monday, August 1, 2011

Chiffon cake: Attempt No. 2

Ok so I've gotten fresh eggs this time, and carefully removed the yolks. Never felt so happy to see four round orange globs bobbing around!

Hooray! The whipped egg whites look correct this time...



BUT.... I was distracted by the two kaypoh cats who kept leaping onto the kitchen counter to check out the nice smells. So busy chasing them away that I forgot to preheat the oven!!! How moronic is that!

(Note to self: open-concept kitchen is NOT practical when u have pets or kids!)

So ended up waiting 5 mins after everything was done to put the cake in the just-preheated oven. Oven was not hot enough and the cake mixture was left sitting for too long.



Cake failed to rise enough and was too damp. Great lemony taste though :89

Damn it!!!!!! Got to try again! I don't believe I can't make this work. Grrrrrrrrr ;D




No comments:

Post a Comment