Friday, August 26, 2011

Copper Houdini

Copper and Marvel are like chalk and cheese, different beyond comparison. Marvel is naive and dense, Copper is sharp and alert.

Copper has always been the one to thwart the humans' attempts to cat-proof the house, especially for bedtime.

It is necessary to lock them up at night as Marvel would yoodle outside the door or while playing catching. Boyboy has enough bad sleep as it is :(



We initially locked them in the outside bathroom, which has a plastic bi-fold door that can only be locked from the inside. So we just snapped it shut.

The clever cat figured out how to lean his weight and pull the centre grip so that the door opens! :p

So we started to latch it from the outside with a broom handle, and stuff door stoppers to prevent the snapping sound of the door when he pulls.

Copper managed to dislodge the stoppers to cause a din, so we would have to attend to him in the middle of the night.

So now we lock them in the glass shower area. See what Copper does... He peels off the rubber lining from the door. It's noisy too. Sigh.

























This week Copper also figured out how to open the child gate leading to the bedrooms, which are out of bounds to the cats.

As Boyboy is so active now, we can't keep the gate locked anymore. As long as the gate lock doesn't snap into place, Copper manages to squeeze his way past.

Today he gave me such a scare! Boyboy left the gate open before lunch. I was so busy trying to get him to eat that I didn't notice Copper's absence.

I only realized after lunch, and searched frantically for him. The windows in our bedrooms do not have netting... Enlisted the boy's help but we could not find him anywhere in the house.

Freaked out, I carried Boyboy downstairs to check the ground under our windows, hoping NOT to find a cat corpse. We didn't.

It was time for Boyboy to nap so I was in a dilemma what to do next. As we settled into bed, I spotted a paw sticking out from Hubby's blanket pile. Chey!!!! 坏蛋猫!!!!

Am so relieved Copper is okay :)))





No comments:

Post a Comment