Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do you enjoy being ill?

I do. As in, when I fall sick, I would like to savour being in that state, feeling weak and all. But I think that is a luxury that I will never get again.

Since getting married, I don't remember any occasion when I fell very sick. You know, the sort where you just have to lie in bed and can't do anything, and preferably be served by someone else.

I kind of miss that. When we were young and staying with our parents, we took it for granted that they will be there to sayang us when we fall sick. I used to sleep in all the time.

But after marriage, as a wife, I had to be the one to 'run the house'. Now as a Mummy, it's even worse. If I fall, who will cook Boyboy's meals or bring him to school?


Also, it is strange that whenever I fall sick, Hubby falls sick as well. To an extent I have to take care of him even when I myself am not feeling up to it.

Not sure why that is so, but sometimes I do get resentful of the situation. Not of Hubby, as he tries his best to help out. Resentful of the situation because I feel that I cannot get a good rest even when I am not well :(

But that's life! Just grumble and move on.... nothing to see here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment