Friday, August 5, 2011

I need to get a claypot

Hubby is down with a bad cough, so I went through recipe books at Popular today to find something herbal to treat it.

I felt like drinking soup, so decided on Lotus Root and Spare Ribs soup. Bought a pack of 止咳汤 herbs from Hock Hua Tonics to use in the soup.



Conclusion: Recipe used too much dry persimmon... Could only taste that and not the lotus root :(



I personally don't like eating pork, so my dinner was rice with just lotus root and carrot. Wonder if the taste will be good if I replace the pork with chicken?

I love soup (but I'm not Cantonese) and a one-pot soup is just right for a simple meal for Hubby and I. With Boyboy's current phase, it's impossible for me to stand at the stove for long periods to watch the fire. Having difficulty too finding soup recipes for slow cooker.

Read some reviews online about a modern version of the claypot that supposedly stews great soup. Must go check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment