It begun last Tuesday, when Boyboy's classmate sneezed over him. When I saw the droplets raining down, I went "Oh shit!"
Indeed, the next day the boy caught the bug and went down with the flu. It was hard for Mummy not to get infected when I have to cuddle him to bed. Coupled with my own lack of rest and hence immunity, I finally fell on Saturday.
My running nose was quite mild in the beginning so I ignored it. Deteriorated to full blocked nose and sore throat due to backflow and not blowing the mucus out at night (how to, without waking the sleeping kid).
Managed to get my mum to take Boyboy this afternoon so I can get a breather. He sleeps better at her place anyway, as the construction noise here is getting from bad to worse.
Since Boyboy fell sick he has not managed to nap more than an hour at home. The background noise makes his sleep a disturbed one, and almost every day he us startled awake by sudden loud sounds.
So today I hoped to be able to sleep in peace without the boy around. Alas, despite doing the usual soundproofing measures, the noise kept me awake.
Watched 'War of the Worlds'? The noise outside my window sounds exactly like the scene where the UFO monsters broke out if the ground and rampaged through the city.
Lay down at 230 and rose at 4pm even more tired than before I attempted to nap. How to get well like this?
Hubby came home today with the flu as well as a bad cough. I really wonder how the family can recover without proper rest.
It would be terrible if Boyboy gets well and is infected by us again.
The family (especially the boy) has two parties to attend this weekend... Hope we recover fast or we have to give them a miss :(
Oh dear.... take care friend. I loaded mx with lot of fruits n fluidwhen she had flu. With the same virus, I don't think your boy will b reinfected by the parents
ReplyDelete