Ok, my vote has been cast. But I'm not feeling too happy about it...
It was much easier at the start, when we had
only two choices, Naggy Grandpa TCB or Elite Prim N Proper TT.
By default I swayed towards TT, cos he knows the job well and can work best w the government.
But TCB was also not bad, he had a bit of what I liked in TT, plus experience on the ground. I especially love his frankness.
I dislike the general and vague statements TT makes, as though he is unwilling to commit himself.
At that point I was still sitting on the fence. Wouldn't mind if either if them won.
Then came two more candidates.
I'm sorry to say I totally wrote off TKL from the start. Never even gave him a chance. Why? Firstly i confess I find his appearance not presentable enough. The squint and evil-guy smile... Sorry. Secondly he is not as good a public speaker. Thirdly I don't think he has the right experience.
Almost fainted when TKL unveiled his high-five campaign tactic. I had no choice but to label him The Clown. Quite mean hor?...
Then this Tan Jee Say had to chap4 ji3 ka1. I don't like his fake smile, his wife's smile is even more fake! But mainly I didn't like that he had the wrong intention in running for President.
His aim is to play the devil's advocate and challenge views of the government. When the media asked about his confrontational stand he said he would not challenge unnecessarily.
But in the TV debate he was asking questions that were obviously just for the sake of heckling his opponents.
I feel horrified that if TJS becomes our President, he will create trouble and waste time that the government can spend on making our lives better.
It seems that everyone supporting the Opposition during the GE has put their weight behind TJS. I understand that he can help champion their causes such as the ISA and death penalty etc.
Maybe these are not my pet causes, so I am not moved. If one of the presidential candidates promises to take care of animal welfare, would I vote for him? Tempted, but not if he isn't suitable for the big picture.
It seems many people, especially my peers, are going all out to support TJS just to spite the government. It'll feel good, but is it rational? If the people are so irrational, no wonder the government has to play tough nanny sometimes :p
That's my personal view for TJS. It's scary seeing the support for him on Facebook. I really do not think he is dignified or experienced enough to represent the country.
So... Although at heart I wanted to vote for Grandpa, I ended up voting for Elite as I think he has the highest chance of beating TJS.
Sorry Grandpa :( I hope you have many votes too so you won't be too disappointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment